Re: Multiple Trackable Recipients in the To Line

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Trackable Recipients in the To Line

We have a business case where we need to be able to send a message to multiple recipients inside of one email message.

The only way that I currently know of doing this is to us the Sales Insight Email Add-in.  The problem with this is that only the first recipient is tracked.

We would like to be able to use this feature (or another feature) while at the same time be able to report on each individual's actions.

Is there any way of doing this currently?

I came across this but based on the timing I don't think it's happening anytime soon.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, you can't do this right now. You should send the same email to each lead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough answer.
Unfortunately we need to include everyone in one message for this specific case.  I guess our best option is to track the results of one rather than no results.

Thank you

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

You could put everyone's email address in the Reply To:

Robb Barrett
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

There are several different things you might be needing here.

1> How to send email to several people using only one email send flow step

2> How do we track each lead's activity, namely, sent, delivered, opened, clicked etc.

If the recepients are the same all the time, If all you want is to get item 1 done, it can be done using an 'email distribution group' on your mail server and using that group email address as a lead to send the email to.

But then you would not have ability to track the emails separately. There might be other considerations too.

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Rajesh.

This particular case we are trying to keep around tools outside of Marketo itself, using the Email Add-in or a MSI email.

This is related to one of our Relationship Managers that will be doing these in one off cases.