Re: Multiple Scoring

Christina_Bolli
Level 2

Multiple Scoring

Hello,
I understand that we can have multiple scores for a lead based on the email campaign, for example, but can we have a different score for behavioral actions, and a separate score for demographic information?
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

There is no limit to the number of score type fields which you can have and use in your instance.  Behavioral and Demographic scores are included in the Standard Scoring Program in the Marketo Program Library.
Christina_Bolli
Level 2

Thank you for responding, Kenny, however I am still unclear on multiple scoring.  Are you saying then, that we can have a separate score appear for behavioral and demographic, or will our various scores all roll up into one main score that gets reported for each lead in the system? 
I just didn't know if we could see 2 scores, or if multiple scores would be rolled up into 1 score.  If it all rolls up into one score, can we see what makes up that score (ie: how many came from demographic responses, and how many came from behavioral responses?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Eahc score field in Marketo will be independent, and can be viewed as a separate number.  Some users do create one larger rollup score as well which is a combination of Behavior and Demographic, but by default each score is unique.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Christeve-  We are going to be implementing scoring based on Products.  If you search the community for multiple scoring, or product scoring(try other variations as wel) and click on the discussion tab you will find people that have done something similar.  The one I found helpful was:  https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PGV1AAO

if you use multiple scoring most require creating a custom field.  Remember if you are synced to a CRM create it there first and it will automatically sync to marketo.  Good luck!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

One option is to do this:

Change Score = Lead Score +2
Change Score = Demographic +2

in the same scoring workflow to achieve what you want.

Then in the behavioral system, do the same thing, but with the Behavioral field.

I like Adam's solution as well, which will take more time to setup.