SOLVED

Re: Multiple Revenue Cycle Models?

Go to solution
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Multiple Revenue Cycle Models?

We are considering building out separate revenue cycle models for our different markets. The actual models wouldn't be any different - all of the markets have the same sales cycle. But some of the out of the box reporting in Marketo relies on the revenue cycle (like the success path analyzer) and my audiences for reporting really want to see everything broken down by market. So, a few questions. Does it make sense to have separate revenue cycles, or are we over-complicating things? Is there a better way we can do this in RCE? Do we have to have separate workspaces to have separate revenue cycles? (that's the only way I have worked with multiple revenue cycles in the past)

Appreciate your input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13

You can use the Segmentation to populate a field or you can use Field Organizer to create Groupings that are available on the Model Analysis report. You can only have 3 custom fields on a MA report as well, so this can be limited.

Segmentations are not available within RCE itself.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can just do this with one model in RCE.  In RCE you would report on the model while filtering in only one market

Josh_Hill13

It depends a bit on the situation.

Josh_Hill13

ok, now that I'm not in a meeting...

As Jamie suggests, you can always run 1 RCM and then use a smart list or filters to track different groups and save those reports in RCE separately.

When I have used multiple RCMs, this has been when the Lead Lifecycle (LLC) is different between segments, business units, or funnel types (Acquisition vs. Renewal vs. Upsell vs. Former Customer).

Perfectly fine to split it all out by Region and BU and Product, but there is a limit of RCMs on your account. I believe most of us get 2 active per instance. Enterprise will often get 15 unless you pay more. Speak with your account manager.

SydneyMulligan

Ah I didn't think about there being a limit, but of course there is.

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Do you have segments built out to split your leads into the different markets? If so, you can create a custom field and map the segment onto that field. Then, in the admin section under Email Explorer>Custom Field Sync (no idea why it's there), you can map that field to RCE. Then you can see it all in one report or split it up into different reports for each market.

SydneyMulligan

And this would allow us to break up the reports at the lead level? We have a custom tag on our programs for Market, but a lot of our programs are horizontal so they are tagged as "global" which makes reporting tricky in RCE.

Rachel_Noble

Interesting. So you have it set up as program tags...do you ever have leads that could fall into programs under multiple markets?

SydneyMulligan

Nope, they are very clearly defined markets. No crossover. But we do have programs that could have leads from multiple markets, which is what makes it tricky. But I am wondering if your segmentation solution might help. I have a segmentation built out for market.

Rachel_Noble

Seems like that will help. The only red flag is that if you have leads in multiple markets, how will you track them in each of the markets?  You guys certainly have a fun model going on.