Re: Multiple RCA Models sync using API to SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple RCA Models sync using API to SFDC

Has anyone setup multiple RCA models that link to an SFDC instance through API calls?

We keep our business channels separate but utilize one instance of Marketo and SFDC and send information to SFDC using API's.  We have the ability to create multiple RCA Models and wish to use different models to track stages within each channel (currently 2).  I understand we can connect 2 models to a native connection to SFDC, but how would I setup using API's to SFDC for different models?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Madhu!

So you want to use multiple RCMs? You can definitely do that if your sub allows that. Could a lead be a member of both at the same time? This would only be a concern because you'd need two sets of fields in SFDC to mimic the RCM data and report on it.

Why would it matter to connect the RCM to the SFDC API? Wouldn't you just post the data to an SFDC field(s)? RCM runs itself in Marketo only unless you add SFDC synced fields to mimic the Revenue Stage and date stamps.

But maybe you are asking something else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh;

Thank you for responding.

A Lead can not be a member of both models at the same time. 

I asked the question because I am hearing that you can only connect models to actions in SFDC if the connection is native and not through API's.  I wanted to verify whether or not it was a concern.

Thank you