SOLVED

Multiple Radio Buttons for one MKTO field ina form

Go to solution
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Multiple Radio Buttons for one MKTO field ina form

Hi all,

I am building a new unsubscribe page and want to include a multiple choice set of radio buttons to answer the question 'Why do you want to unsubscribe?'

I want ALL of the radio buttons ticked to populate the Unsubscribed Reason text field, so we can analyze results, and make it a 'choose one' setup. When I try to build this, though, it seems only one form element can populate one MKTO field, meaning I can't have multiple radio buttons for the one field.

Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Lucas

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Multiple Radio Buttons for one MKTO field ina form

The Radio Button Set field type does write one value to a single back-end field.  That's the expected behavior of radios and you don't want to violate that (Principle of Least Astonishment).

Sounds like you want the Checkboxes field type.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Radio Button Set field type does write one value to a single back-end field.  That's the expected behavior of radios and you don't want to violate that (Principle of Least Astonishment).

Sounds like you want the Checkboxes field type.

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Thanks Sanford, that worked.

I added the checkbox field, edited the values in the advanced editor to include the options I wanted, it will all map back to the Unsubscribe Reason field. (not tested yet..)