Re: Multiple programs in one engagement stream

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple programs in one engagement stream

Hey all,

Our version of MKTO allows us just one engagement stream, but I really want to develop a 'welcome program' that has multiple paths depending on the initial point of entry. I'm a bit lost on how to do this...is it possible? If so, is it a matter of having multiple programs within the stream (one for each track)? Something else?

Thanks for the help.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Trask,

Some good news.  We are changing our packaging and giving customers multiple streams and 100 engagement programs.  This will happen in the next month or so.  If you are willing to wait, you can use engagement for this very soon.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can setup several Engagements but this will require transition rules to pull people in and out of each Program.

An alternative is the more complex Traffic Cop system, which you can learn about elsewhere on the Community. This is similar to what I said above. Instead, you would run several programs and have a separate listen campaign to manage the transitions, entries, and exits from the entire system.

Of course, I would just wait for Cheryl to modify the packaging. That's awesome!! I'm so glad you listened to us 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Trask, 

I would suggest exactly what Champion has suggested, having several Engagement Programs and set up a set of smart campaigns triggering what campaign leads would fall into depending on their actions. You can have all of this under one main folder well organised so it's easy to navigate through.  

I have used this method in the past with good results.

I hope it helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

To go off of what Josh said, 

I currently use a traffic cop system because transition rules are a tad limited at the moment and you can get a little more complex / customized with exactly how you want to move people through the engagement program. Definitely worth a look and if you're comfortable with Marketo they aren't too bad to set up. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. I'm glad to hear that there's going to be more to work with in the near future!

One question I had was around the subsequent emails within a stream. I want to make sure that a lead wouldn't get a piece of content they may have downloaded on their own from our site, and I know programs can be used to control whether they receive an offer, but I'm just not sure on the best way to set this up.

We have programs for each piece of web content, so I could use this as the smart list, but I'm not as certain on what type of flow I should use to skip the offer in the engagement program that's promoting that same content.

Thanks all.