Multiple Lead Addresses

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Lead Addresses

Hi Marketo Rockstars,
We have a situation where we have multiple emails for one lead and need to capture all three. We have that piece figured out by creating new fields in Marketo. However, we want to use the second email ID as the primary and overwrite the main email address field. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Multiple Lead Addresses

Kimberly,

There are a couple of threads on this, so do a search.

But why would you want to use the secondary email as the main? Marketo simply doesn't let you do this.

What you can do is run a flow action to do:

Change Data Value IS Email Address to {{lead.email address 2}} which will accomplish the overwrite.

Again, this seems rather dangerous.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kimberly -

What you could do is setup a smart campaign for all Leads needing this change to happen on the record.  I would recommend something like the following:

0EM50000000STNe.jpg

Before doing this, you will need to go into the admin panel, and the Field Management screen to ensure that all boxes are unchecked for Email Address
0EM50000000STNj.jpg

After your change is done, I would recommend going back into the Admin panel and re-checking anything that was checked prior.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kimberly, 

I agree with Josh.  And the example I outlined above reflects the procedure IF you want to retain the information that was in the existing Email Address field for a future date.