Multiple instances of Munchkin code on the same site

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple instances of Munchkin code on the same site

We are working with a number of other companies on a shared site. We would like to have our Munchkin code on it. There may be some other Marketo customers in the group too. Is it possible to have multiple instances of Munchkin code running? Maybe something like...

<script type="text/javascript">
document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='//munchkin.marketo.net/munchkin.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
</script>
<script>Munchkin.init('MarketoID1');</script>
<script>Munchkin.init('MarketoID2');</script>
<script>Munchkin.init('MarketoID3');</script>
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Multiple instances of Munchkin code on the same site

So you aren't using Workspaces or Lead Partitions - these are literally separate firms?

One option is to use the Munchkin code on just your pages.

Another is to just put it on all pages - Marketo would tag every single person with a different instance's info. This could slow down the page if you aren't using Async.

I am unsure of your solution, but it sounds plausible to test if you happened to know of all the codes and when to install the right code.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a shared site for marketing purposes with other companies. I am not sure if any of the other organizations use Marketo or not yet, but if they do, I am sure they'd want to track things too. I know some will use Pardot. I'd imagine some will use Marketo too. Each company is independent of another so would have their own Marketo instance.

Understoood about performance. We'll deal with that part. I first want to know what's possible.

I just want to make sure that if we have multiple Munchkin.init() lines connecting to different Marketo instances, that the Marketo cookies can handle a single site with connections to multiple instances of Marketo with cross streams. From each Marketo instance perspective, it should be just another site.  I think it'll all boil down to how Marketo does their cookies and whether they would allow for a single cookie to handle multiple Marketo instances or they could use a separate cookie for each.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott,

Yes it is possible but a few edits to the original Munchkin code is needed. Please see this related article: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GtpxCAC