How long does it take for the smartlist that queries against SFDC to be updated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for the smartlist that queries against SFDC to be updated?

I updated a field in Salesforce, but when I query against that field in my smartlist, I don't see it recognizing the updated value in Salesforce.  Is there a place where can I change that setting?  Thank you.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: How long does it take for the smartlist that queries against SFDC to be updated?

I've been told that it can take up to 6-7 minutes to update bi-directionally.
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: How long does it take for the smartlist that queries against SFDC to be updated?

Hi Michael,

Unless that lead is being told to sync immediately by a smart campaign which uses a Salesforce related flow step (like "Sync Lead to SFDC"), updates like the one you describe will occur in the background during each sync cycle. Marketo reaches out to your Salesforce and checks all of the different objects (Lead, Contact, Account), pushes updates from Marketo, and pulls down updates from Salesforce. Once it's complete, it waits 5 minutes and then starts again.

So I would always give it at least 5 minutes. If there are mass updates happening (suppose you're changing values for a lot of accounts), it could take significantly longer (hours, even). But in general it should just take 5 to 15 minutes.