Multiple Gated Content on one Landing Page?

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Multiple Gated Content on one Landing Page?

Hello!

I have a landing page that contains 8 different pop up videos that need to be gated, but I don't want the visitor to have to fill out a form every time they click on a new video. Ideally, it would go like this:

1. Visitor clicks on first video, popup contains form (possibly within an iframe to keep everything within the pop up).
  2. Visitor fills out form, and gains access to the video, within the same pop up.
  3. Visitor finishes video and clicks on any other video but since the form already collected their info, the new pop up will just bypass the form and they will only see the new video in the pop up.

I can't gate the entire page because there is other content on the page that I don't want gated. I also need to see which videos the visitor clicked on. What would be the best way to do this? UTMs? "If Known Lead, Custom HTML" on the form? I'd also prefer not having to create 8 different forms, but I can if I must. 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Multiple Gated Content on one Landing Page?

1. Visitor clicks on first video, popup contains form (possibly within an iframe to keep everything within the pop up).

Please don't consider using an IFRAME here. It will have consequences from double-counting analytics to killing responsiveness. There's no reason to not use the embedded form as usual.

It sounds like you can use Known Visitor HTML for this. Just have the KV HTML contain a script tag (and nothing else) that plays the video.

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Does this mean I would need to create 8 different forms since the video source would be different in each pop up?

SanfordWhiteman

Does this mean I would need to create 8 different forms since the video source would be different in each pop up?

Not at all, just set a JS variable to the video ID when someone clicks.

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with javascript. Could you please help me?

SanfordWhiteman

If you don't speak JS, I don't know how you would've gone about building the form + video lightbox anyway? The un-gating is the easy part. You do need to have some knowledge of how to build an interactive page before you embark on this project.

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Well, plain old CSS was enough for that part. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll try to figure it out.

SanfordWhiteman

Triggering the KV HTML on click is more than just CSS.

At any rate, if you at least create the scaffolding of your approach we can look further.  Asking for Community members to build your page from scratch is too tall of an ask.

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Oh, I meant creating the pop up window that contained a video was just CSS. I already have the page, it's only recently that I found out I had to try to gate some parts of it. I'm also very new to Marketo so I honestly was also trying to see what my options even are and go from there.