SOLVED

Multiple email addresses in 'Reply-to' field

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple email addresses in 'Reply-to' field

Is it possible to have 2+ email addresses in the 'Reply-to' field? I'm looking to have an email sent out by one person, with replies going to two people.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Multiple email addresses in 'Reply-to' field

Hi Kaitlin,

It's not currently possible to have more than one in the reply too field, but you can create a link in the email itself that will reply to one and cc or bcc the other.  You can see how this would be done here.  Tryit Editor v2.6

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Kaitlin,

It's not currently possible to have more than one in the reply too field, but you can create a link in the email itself that will reply to one and cc or bcc the other.  You can see how this would be done here.  Tryit Editor v2.6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hey Kaitlin, though multiple Reply-To: or From: addresses are technically permitted (in email in general, that is), they can be used for a so-called amplification attack, so may be considered suspicious. An amplification attack occurs if you send someone an email with a large number of responsible addresses (not just two as in your case) and they do a default reply -- not reply-all -- with a message like "unsubscribe".  Or they have an Out-of-Office message that automatically sends to the From:. Then you've tricked them into spamming all the people in the Reply-To header.

Best to avoid looking like you might have ulterior motives (though, admittedly, not every anti-spam system would care). Having a group address looks more professional, IMO.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Agree with Sanford here. I have several group email address that I use in the reply-to subject line so sales receives the reply and I can track responses on my own for reporting.