SOLVED

Multi-Webinar Series Program/Campaign Flow

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 7

Multi-Webinar Series Program/Campaign Flow

Happy Friday, Community!

I know there have been a LOT of questions about setting up webinar programs where people can register for multiple different sessions at once, and I've used many of them to set up my current program. However, despite accommodating for the things that were preventing the program/campaign(s) from working for others, I'm only seeing myself drop into the first webinar (I am testing a 3-part series). FYI - I'm not using a webinar integration for this (in testing or the live version).

Here are more details for context and I hoping that someone can point out what I've missed:

Field Management

Set up a new Custom {String} Field called Webinar Date Code (ref: How to Setup Recurring Webinars in Marketo by Josh Hill).

Operational Folder 

[FORM] The Webinar Date Code field is added to the form as a Checkbox option (ref: How to Setup Recurring Webinars in Marketo by Josh Hill):

michellechopin_0-1726866507262.png

[SMART CAMPAIGN] Smart List looks for anyone filling out the above form with Webinar Date Code IS NOT EMPTY, and the Flow has three separate Request Campaign steps where Webinar Date Code uses CONTAINS to identify (ref: Setup Multi Asset and Webinar Registration on One Page in Marketo by Josh Hill and Multiple session webinar registration - form and flow from the Community):

michellechopin_1-1726866724533.png

NB: I have two additional steps here - a Wait Step for 10 minutes and a CDV to reset Webinar Date Code to NULL (as per both of Josh's articles). I have set the Smart Campaign to allow a lead to run through it every time.

Webinar Programs 1-3

I have three separate webinar programs (one for each session) and each one has an "Add Leads to Program" campaign which is the one that the operational smart campaign above requests at the time of the form fill. I added a filter as an extra way to ensure that only someone choosing the first webinar date goes into the first webinar program, for example:

michellechopin_2-1726867048929.png

NB: I used the Stored Value from the Webinar Date Code field vs the Display Name because I noticed that, in my alert email that has a space to tell the stakeholder which session(s) someone signed up for, it showed the Stored/unfriendly version (and thought that might have been what was stopping things working). These Smart Campaigns allow leads to run through it one time.

The Flow manages the Program Status change (for this webinar, we have people Waitlisted before they're manually confirmed/marked as Registered) and sends the alert to the stakeholder (I have a separate/second campaign which manages all the items needed once a lead is fully registered - sends them confirmation email, adds to D365 campaign, etc.).

Testing

I made all of the above adjustments after my first test didn't work and I see these results where my test lead is going into Test-Webinar Series 1 but is skipping the other two campaigns:

michellechopin_3-1726867586760.png

The thing that's making my scratch my head the most is that, after my 10 minute wait, when Marketo resets the Webinar Date Code, it's resetting all three of the stored values to NULL (intended action) - so Marketo IS capturing that data from the form. However, I can't figure out what's stopping my test lead from going into Webinar Programs 2 and 3 🤔 What am I missing?

Your collective expertise and help is much appreciated (TIA if you can/do find anything),

Michelle 🙌

PS. Extra (related) question, but not a concern like the above is: I'm using the Webinar Date Code in my alert email to the stakeholder and it's showing the Stored Value vs the Display Value which isn't particularly reader friendly - do I HAVE to have a different value in the stored code if the only places I'm using it are in the alert email and various smart campaigns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Multi-Webinar Series Program/Campaign Flow

2 typos in your choices. Compare them carefully to the stored values.

PS. Extra (related) question, but not a concern like the above is: I'm using the Webinar Date Code in my alert email to the stakeholder and it's showing the Stored Value vs the Display Value which isn't particularly reader friendly - do I HAVE to have a different value in the stored code if the only places I'm using it are in the alert email and various smart campaigns?

You don’t have to use the stored value format you’re showing here — in fact, that’s less standard than using ISO 8601 yyyy-MM-dd.

The main reason to use a standard format is that it’s easy to remember in your choices. Secondarily, you need to pack multiple values into one String field so the individual sub-values need to be compact. Finally, a standard format is easier to split into multiple values that become true Dates (in other systems).

That said, you could use the friendly name, the full spelled out MMMM d, yyyy, in this specific case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

2 typos in your choices. Compare them carefully to the stored values.

You don’t have to use the stored value format you’re showing here — in fact, that’s less standard than using ISO 8601 yyyy-MM-dd.

The main reason to use a standard format is that it’s easy to remember in your choices. Secondarily, you need to pack multiple values into one String field so the individual sub-values need to be compact. Finally, a standard format is easier to split into multiple values that become true Dates (in other systems).

That said, you could use the friendly name, the full spelled out MMMM d, yyyy, in this specific case.

michellechopin
Level 7

@SanfordWhiteman  - I KNEW it would be something simple and I appreciate you spotting that (this is a prime example of "I've been looking at this too long and have gone "blind" to it"). Thank you!

I've adjusted the stored values to the more common format you listed - YYYY-MM-DD - so that it's easier to read in the email alert I have set up and will do another test this morning to check that everything works as intended. 

I appreciate you 🙌

Michelle