MSI email metrics and reporting

jace_brendle
Level 3

MSI email metrics and reporting

Our pipeline development team often uses MSI to send emails to larger groups of contacts (between 25-100) for specific 'campaigns' they are running. For example, they may send a webcast invite to 40 of their contacts, or one of our premier pieces of content to a group of 100 clients. 

I've created a template for each pipeline development rep that allows for customized signatures, and they have no issue actually sending these emails. However, getting any reporting on opens/clicks is an issue. I can get the reporting on the actual email, but because there is no way to tell what message was sent. So in the example above, I can get them metrics on on all 140 emails sent, but I can't break it down by the webcast or content. 

Has anyone been able to provide better tracking on sales insight emails? I'm trying to increase adoption of this tool for a lot of good reasons, but unless they can see the results of their efforts - at the 'campaign' level, some would rather just use a spreadsheet and mail merge in outlook