SOLVED

Re: MSI Add to Campaign

Go to solution
Kim_Allen
Level 10

MSI Add to Campaign

Happy Friday!

I have a question about MSI "Add to Campaign" function. First I wanted to clarity - sales ppl are able to add anyone to campaigns right, not just leads they own?

And if this is the case... in the campaigns you set up in Marketo do you normally use tokens or not? I'm really hesitant to use lead owner tokens in the email fields (from etc) because if they can add anyone, some of these leads my be in queues still and therefore the token wouldn't populate or send. Please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a long week 😛

So what do you normally do for these campaigns, just use the normal marketing email addresses, or is there a way to say -campaign was requested by this user... and populate off of that?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Depending on your SFDC setup, a sales person is likely to only be able to access leads they own. So while they could see ANY record, they probably can only see their records, or records of their subordinates. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Kim,

The Add to Campaign is available to all user with MSI in their view, and is not restricted to owners.  If you're worried about using lead owner tokens when the lead is owned by a queue, you can just leverage the default functionality of a token, e.g. {{lead.Lead Owner Email Address:default="kennye@example.com"}}.  As far as what other users are doing, I'll let our  marketing users field that part of your questions.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Depending on your SFDC setup, a sales person is likely to only be able to access leads they own. So while they could see ANY record, they probably can only see their records, or records of their subordinates. 
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Thanks guys!