SOLVED

Re: Moving the Submit Button above Hidden Fields

Go to solution
Ciaron_Zanelli
Level 2

Moving the Submit Button above Hidden Fields

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with the submit button on our forms and wanted to see if this has happened before or if anyone knows of a solution. Essentially we have some hidden UTM fields on our forms and this is pushing our Submit button well below the form itself (image below) . I haven't edited the CSS on the form itself, but wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue with the hidden fields on the forms. If it happens to be something to do with the CSS, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could point me in the direction of the code to input onto the forms.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 11.23.35.png

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The problem surfaces at Chrome 76, not prior.

Add this to your Custom CSS:

.mktoForm .mktoFormRow {
  clear: none !important;
}

Test thoroughly of course. This is a substantial style change and may not be harmless in all browsers. You will have to make specific exceptions for Chrome 76+ (which are buggy) if this doesn't work. 

Another good reason to test in multiple recent versions of the same browser, and of course in IE and Firefox as well.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, can you mark my answer as the Solution?

I'm also going to write a blog post on this, as it's an interesting regression and could in affect anyone who has margins set on their form rows and hasn't retested in recent Chromes. It is, inasmuch as the CSS2 spec is ever readable, a bug.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
SanfordWhiteman

Need your URL. You're almost certainly styling margins on <input> wrapper <div>s without filtering the hidden ones.

Ciaron_Zanelli
Level 2

Thanks Sanford, I've included a URL below for you:
https://pages.crimsoneducation.org/Inspired.html

SanfordWhiteman

I'm not seeing a layout like the one in your screenshot in any modern browser.

Did you fix it after posting?

Ciaron_Zanelli
Level 2

That's really weird, I've checked the page on my side and it still is persisting with the submit button being well below the last tick box. Upon further inspection, I think it could be limited to Google Chrome, as in Safari it works perfectly. 

SanfordWhiteman

Chrome 70 and 79 are both represented in the CBT link I shared, you'll have to be more specific about the version & OS. 

And make sure you aren't running any plugins that interfere with CSS loading in some way.

Ciaron_Zanelli
Level 2

I'm using Chrome version 80 on Mojave 10.14.6

I don't think the plug in's are the issue and more towards the OS or Chrome version perhaps

SanfordWhiteman

The problem surfaces at Chrome 76, not prior.

Add this to your Custom CSS:

.mktoForm .mktoFormRow {
  clear: none !important;
}

Test thoroughly of course. This is a substantial style change and may not be harmless in all browsers. You will have to make specific exceptions for Chrome 76+ (which are buggy) if this doesn't work. 

Another good reason to test in multiple recent versions of the same browser, and of course in IE and Firefox as well.

Ciaron_Zanelli
Level 2

Perfect, thanks so much Sanford

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, can you mark my answer as the Solution?

I'm also going to write a blog post on this, as it's an interesting regression and could in affect anyone who has margins set on their form rows and hasn't retested in recent Chromes. It is, inasmuch as the CSS2 spec is ever readable, a bug.