Re: Moving Leads From Program to Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving Leads From Program to Program

I am setting up a nurture track and want to move leads to other program tracks if they perform a certain action. How would I do this in the flow? I see add to engagement campaign but my nurtures are not engagement programs because i dont use them (I dont like forced 7 day thing). Is there a flow that I am missing which says 'add to program'? 'become member of x program'? 

Thanks!
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Christina, I will typically use a "request campaign" flow action, along with a "remove from campaign" flow action to move people from one campaign to another. You can eliminate the "remove from campaign" step if you're doing it as the last flow step, and don't need to worry about steps that haven't happened yet.

One note on the "request campaign" flow actions if you aren't familiar with them, you are required to have a triggered campaign active with a "campaign is requested" trigger in order for them to be set up.

Hope this helps 🙂
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right and you'd need those campaigns running as sister listen campaigns to know when someone has take those actions, then use Remove from Campaign and Request Campaign.

See Traffic Cop for more details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the suggestion but honestly sounds time consuming. Im not sending to just 1 other programs, I have tons of options based on their activity. 

What if I use the Change Program Status and say 'if clicked on email x, program (progrma name I want to send them to) status = member. So Im making them a member of the other program. Would that drop them in the flow as a member of the other program nurture?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Christina, making someone a member of a program won't just drop them into the flow... that could get messy if you had multiple campaigns within a prorgram, as most programs do. In a program that I recently set up, I made smart lists for each of the different programs that I wanted to send someone to from the original program. Then I said if member of smart list, request campaign. It is quite a few steps to set up at first, but it sounds like it will accomplish what you're looking to do -- without sacrificing quality of work.

Below is an example, just keep in mind that when you have multiple choices, only the first matching choice applies -- so if a person could be a member of multiple smart lists, be sure to put the priority requested campaign before one that you wouldn't want them to receive.

0EM50000000Rg0a.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy crap!! You had to do all that? I never had to do any of this in my last MA tool. Just add to program and it automatically recognized this person should start at the top. I dont understand why you cant do this in Marketo. 

So you are saying I need to make smart lists for every scenario. Then, I would have to add to smart list for each individual action performed. Then go back in to each program nurture to make sure 'member of smart list' is an option there. Then that will drop them in at the top and not let them run through if they had already done so?

I just want this to happen:

- Click link for cloud related content
- Exit program
- Enter cloud nurture program

Seems simple enough.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw - what does 'requested campaign' mean? You are requesting the campaign? Is this a smart campaign? 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If it's just one criteria then you can skip the smart list and say If "clicks link" and select the link, then request campaign. In the requested campaign, just be sure to add a remove from flow (previous campaign) if you had remaining flow steps in the first campaign.

You can find more about requested campaigns here, and remove from flow step here.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Or, like Josh said, Traffic Cop can definitely tell you more
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I dont want to go into every single nurture and adjust things there. You're telling me I need to add steps to both sides? The campaign where leads come from and where they are going? 

When I add Request Campaign to my flow nothing comes up in requested Campaign field in the drop-down. So my campaigns dont even show up?

Our instance is so full of stuff I cannot even describe with things going every which direction. So I want to stay in 1 smart campaign here and just point to other things. I CANNOT update other campaigns where these leads may end up because that would be such a huge nightmare.