Moving from an org without workspaces to an org with workspaces

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Moving from an org without workspaces to an org with workspaces

Hello friends!  

I want to get some advice from the Community.  This is my first experience with Workspaces and we've started our org back in March without workspaces and upgraded to roll out our marketing automation globally (because we are in healthcare, being able to silo marketing efforts regionally is important).  

My region has been running in the org until now and will eventually be working out of a workspace (not the default - our global brand team would own that piece of it).  What challenges have you faced getting programs and templates from the original "default" workspace into the segmented workspace where it ultimately long-term will belong.  Appreciate your help on this one. 
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Moving from an org without workspaces to an org with workspaces

Chris,

Maybe Marketo can help you do this more efficiently.

You have to share folders in the Default, then clone over the assets into the new WS. This is a cumbersome process and I've found it doesn't always let you share folders when it should.

What exactly would you want to move to the regional WSs? I'd stick with
  • Program Templates
  • Asset Templates
  • Smart Lists
  • Forms
You should just rebuild any lifecycle campaigns within each WS, assuming you also have lead partitions and no global lifecycle.
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Josh,

We do have Marketo engaged with us on this... I am the type that wants to know what's going on as we work through this process.

Somehow we aren't able to share (as I can see) the program folders in Marketing Activities from Default to the Workspaces.  I definitely want to move the program templates and any programs that we haven't activiated yet, if possible.  I'm not sure how this is going to impact my analytics reports but Marketo has told me that Revenue Explorer is global and most of my Marketing Operations reporting is from RCA.  If I move an asset, what's the impact in regards to opted-in leads, reporting, etc.?  Does it make sense to move our archive folder into the workspace or is it too much trouble for no results?  
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you are able to MOVE the asset, then nothing interesting happens.

If you CLONE it, then there is an entirely new Program involved, which will eventually impact report.

You only lose data when you delete things or move assets out of an Engagement.