Move email templates to department folder?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Move email templates to department folder?

My company is new to Marketo.  I want to access the email templates that are housed in the "email templates" folder within the Global Default folder.  I want to put the templates within my department's email templates folder so I can use them for my campaigns.  Marketo won't let me move them.  I tried to drag-and-drop, but no luck.  I then cloned the template and tried to drag-and-drop the cloned version, but that doesn't work either.

How do I move the templates into my folder?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Move email templates to department folder?

Are you trying to move these templates across workspaces?  If so, they must be in a folder to be moved.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I put them in a folder and could then move them.  When I placed them in my workspace, an error popped up reading that I may not be able to use the files.  I can open the templates, but cannot change the greeking (text).   I used the "edit draft" function, and when I click on any of the copy, it highlights the copy but doesn't allow me to change anything.  Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you open the email template, make sure you are on the tab called HTML source and not on the Preview tab.