Move an email template from the Sandbox to live

Anonymous
Not applicable

Move an email template from the Sandbox to live

Through a sequence of miss understandings we have recently created a handful of email templates in the Marketo Sandbox, rather than on live site. From previous discussions with Marketo I understand there is an easy way to move them from one to another but I can't find any reference to show how to do this?

Any pointers very much appreciated - thank you!

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Move an email template from the Sandbox to live

1. Ask Marketo Support to connect your two instances. You must tell them the Strings from the upper LEFT corner of the screen.

2. Once complete...go to your Production instance.

3. Click Import Program in Marketing Activities

Now, if they are just email or page Templates, why can't you copy the code from the template and paste it back into a new Template in Production? Should work...

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agree with Josh here.  Especially since what we thought was part of the "import program" process - and that's to include all images (in addition to the email asset/template) - is not the case.  I opened up a support ticket asking why none of the images came over and was told the following:

I've confirmed that the images within emails won't automatically import over, because they're referencing the images stored in another instance. So images will need to be imported separately, and then the reference will need to be updated to reflect the new URL in that instance.

...which is contradictory of what Cheryl mentioned in this post: https://nation.marketo.com/message/91727

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh, Dan. It might well be easiest to just copy and paste (especially considering the image issue), but I just wanted to check if there was an automated option. Thanks for your thoughts.