SOLVED

Re: Module Type Cannot be Converted to Dynamic

Go to solution
Eric_Spensieri
Level 1

Module Type Cannot be Converted to Dynamic

Having an issue with a specific module in my master template.... all other modules have the options to be made dynamic in the email editor, but the chat module above the footer of my email only allows options to move up/down, duplicate or delete. Is this an issue with the module configuration? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Eric - is the section populated by filling variables in the sidebar editor, or with the wysiwyg editor?

Dynamic content only works where you have a section wrapped with an "mktEditable" div (i.e., sections that can be edited in the wysiwyg) and can't be applied to variables.

See: http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Email+Template+Syntax for how to add editable sections.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Are you trying to make the entire module dynamic or just a text block within the email draft?

Eric_Spensieri
Level 1

Hi Bryan -- it's really just the callout & button text that I need to make dynamic for 2 languages.... the link is to start a chat and will be the same in both versions. 

pastedImage_1.png

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Eric - is the section populated by filling variables in the sidebar editor, or with the wysiwyg editor?

Dynamic content only works where you have a section wrapped with an "mktEditable" div (i.e., sections that can be edited in the wysiwyg) and can't be applied to variables.

See: http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Email+Template+Syntax for how to add editable sections.

Eric_Spensieri
Level 1

Thank you Grace! This is super helpful

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Glad to hear it! Please feel free to mark my suggestion as correct if it answered your question - it'll make this thread show as resolved and be helpful to others who search community with similar questions