Re: Module double up (sort of)

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Module double up (sort of)

Good afternoon all.

I'm playing around with a template currently and getting and odd outcome.  In preview it is fine, but when I send a sample I get this outcome.

Jo_Pitts1_0-1588644519607.png

The bottom half is how it should look.  If I remove all the modules, and just leave the read online code I get a duplicate of read online one above the other.  Has anyone seen this type of behaviour before?

Cheers

Jo

3 REPLIES 3
Vladislav_Vagn1
Level 5 - Community Advisor

What are the image's dimensions set to?

A lot of the emails are 600px wide so if your image is set to be 600px wide too, then I could see why it stretches the whole length of the email.

Dave_Roberts
Level 10

The preview in Marketo isn't really reliable as a "source of truth" b/c it's actually more capable than most inboxes of figuring out little errors or conflicts in the code and correcting them whereas some inboxes are much more literal and less friendly when rendering code.

One of the major differences I've noticed is that you'll get the styles in the <head> in the Marketo preview but in some inboxes those styles aren't read at all and in others it's a mixed bag. 

Without seeing the code, I'd guess there's a <style> in the <head> that's doing something to change the layout orientation (from horizontal to vertical). To me, that sounds like it could be a "display:block" rule or something that modifies what Im assuming is a table with a few <td> around the blue and gray boxes. Maybe you could try removing bits of the CSS from the <head> and see if you can get the preview in Marketo to match what you see in your inbox to kinda zero-in on the suspect?

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Dave, good idea thanks.  I'll keep trying.