SOLVED

Re: Missing option to run AB testing in smart campaign

Go to solution
Marek_Hozák
Level 2

Missing option to run AB testing in smart campaign

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up an AB testing for a smart campaign: subject of triggered emails. I do not have the option to create a Champion/Challenger (AB test) when clicking on the email - see attached.

Can anyone help me with this, please? Should this feature be turned on somehow?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Marek Hozák ,

There is a difference between running a standard email AB test and running a champion challenger test. The difference is as mentioned below

Add an Email Champion/Challenger - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

pastedImage_1.png

The below article would also be helpful in terms of understanding further concepts of how a champion challenger test works as supposed to a standard email AB test.

Need a clear explanation of Champion vs Challenger testing in default program trigger campaigns

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_Price
Level 7

Hi Marek,

Looks like you are using an Email Program type. The option is within the program 'control panel' when setting it up (below for reference)

mkto-ab-test.png

Marek_Hozák
Level 2

Hi Mark, thank you for helping me.

It seems I have the conclusion now:

1) First option is to set the AB test in the program as you said.

2) The second one is to change the program type. I changed it to default and now I am able to choose the "New Test" when clicking on the email.

Mark_Price
Level 7

ahh, I see.

I had gone off your screenshot / missed your spec on the triggered campaign. In any case, glad you have it sorted!

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Marek Hozák ,

There is a difference between running a standard email AB test and running a champion challenger test. The difference is as mentioned below

Add an Email Champion/Challenger - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

pastedImage_1.png

The below article would also be helpful in terms of understanding further concepts of how a champion challenger test works as supposed to a standard email AB test.

Need a clear explanation of Champion vs Challenger testing in default program trigger campaigns

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage