Re: Migrating Membership to Another Program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrating Membership to Another Program

I would like to consolidate my nurture streams from two streams to one as part of ongoing testing we have. However, I would like to migrate membership of the programs from the stream we are removing and into the programs of the stream we are consolidating too. What is the best way in doing this given the below restrictions:

1) We do not want to overwrite their acquisition date

2) We do not want any additional scoring to occur per our scoring procedures

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

How are you scoring procedures set? That would determine how to fix that.

But you shouldn't kick out members. All you want to do Change Stream. Nothing is done to the Program Membership.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the new stream will essentially be the same programs but with mods... Difficult to explain as to why we are doing it this way. But we essentially want to take old membership out of the old stream and place into membership for the new program in the new stream.

As for data scoring, I'm not entirely sure, but will need to research further.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You generally do not want to remove Membership because you lose all of the historical data, whether or not you also use RCE.

You will also end up sending the same content if you built an entirely new set of Engagement and child Programs.

If I'm reading you correctly, then all you need to do is

• Create new Stream
  • Create new Child Programs
  • Use a campaign to push Members from Stream 1 to Stream New.
  • Run New Stream

As for Scoring, it depends on how you set it up. For example, Clicks Link in Email will do this every time most likely. If your scoring depends on Change Status, then maybe you should exclude those new programs.