Merging duplicates leaves one behind in smartlist.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging duplicates leaves one behind in smartlist.

I'm having a problem whereby as I go through the process of merging duplicate leads (inside the "Possible Duplicates" smartlist), one gets "left behind".
What I mean by this, is that if 3 listings with "johndoe@misc.com" appear, I select all three and successfully merge the records but one listing remains.
This is resulting in "orphan" rows of data showing in the smartlist, but no duplicate to match and merge with.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merging duplicates leaves one behind in smartlist.

Hi Sarah,

Can you provide a little more context around your scenario? If you merge three records, then technically one should remain. Are you merging three records and seeing more than one record remain? If so, are you giving it a few minutes and then refreshing to see if the data was successfully merged?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am seeing one remain - which is eactly what I want to happen, but the one record that remains continues to appear in the "possible duplicates" smart list. I refreshed the data and waited overnight, but it is still appearing - I can't see any other similar record in the possible duplicates smart list that it could be matching to.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird. What are you using in the Smart List as the duplicate field? I'm assuming it's email address as that's the standard out of the box.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, email address - I just kept the straight out of the box smart list, as seen here:
0EM50000000QyAE.jpg
And here is an example of what it is doing:
0EM50000000QyAJ.jpg

You can see that there are legitimate duplicates to be addressed, but also some single names that I already took care of merging, but did not dissapear...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't quite make out the names/emails on that screen shot, but based on your description, I'm not quite sure what's going on here. I've seen dupes hang around for a couple minutes after merging them, but not any longer than that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sarah, 

This problem sounds frustrating and time consuming. Perahps you would like to consider a solution that combines lead information contained within your CRM, CMS and marketing automation and prevents duplicate data like you've mentioned? Insightera Forms integrate with Marketo and SalesForce and constantly update your lead information to keep it current. 
You can read more here: http://bit.ly/17I5qB9 or contact me at tamarw@insightera.com for more information. 

P.S. I do work at Insightera, but as a marketer myself I think this is a great time-saving tool that is more effective than doing things manually.