Merge Program Member Custom Fields

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Merge Program Member Custom Fields

Hello all!

Product Docs say that Program Member Custom Fields (PMCF) are being merged:

• When you merge two people, the winner’s Program Member custom field data will be used. But if the winner has none, the loser’s value will be used.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/programs...

But I don't see it. I imported a person into a program with PMCF (option5, option6...):

Michael_Florin_1-1718959037290.png

Then I merged with another person. 

Michael_Florin_2-1718959171452.png

I don't see the PMCF here, but I guess that's to be expected, as they are program specific.

Now the winning record is a program member, and I see the PMCF changes in their activity history. (Screenshot 1 is actually from the winning record.) But I don't see PMCF in the Program Member tab view or in tokens on an email.  {{{member.option5}}, {{{member.option6}}...

Any idea why this doesn't work?

3 REPLIES 3
derelict_wombat
Level 4

Re: Merge Program Member Custom Fields

Based on the documentation I agree this looks like it should have worked.  Have you tested this with any other records and are seeing the same results? (i'm assuming you confirmed that the winner was the record with the PCMF). 

I don't have an answer but maybe its a question for support?  Would love to hear how this is resolved. 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Yes, it's never working.

And actually it shouldn't matter if the winner or the loser has PMCF values, right? If both have values, the winner's are taken, if just one of them has values, they should appear on the winner.

I've filed a support case. Let's see what they say. I'll keep you posted. 🙂

derelict_wombat
Level 4

Exactly - Per the docs it should just take the winner no matter what.  

Looking forward to hearing back on what support tells you