SOLVED

Re: Members do not appear in gotowebinar

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Members do not appear in gotowebinar

Hi there,
this week I successfully setup the general connection between Marketo and GoToWebinar. Then I created a test webinar within GoToWebinar and Marketo and also successfully connected them to each other.
During a first test, someone registered via the Marketo form for this webinar. Then the respective smart campaign sets the Program Status to Registered.
As far as I understood, now the person should also appear within the registrants list in GoToWebinar. But he does not.
Does anyone have an idea what I may have missed setting up?

Best regards,
Katrin

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

thank you very much for your quick answer. I just found the mistake.
I went through the whole program with a Marketo consultant yesterday and both of us did not see that the respective smart campaign that changes the program status to Registered was not activated. 😞 I now activated it and everything worked well.
But I still have another questions and so far I did not find the correct answer or helpful hint within the community.
Where do I get the unique link to the GTW webinar for each member now that I can send to the people who registered? Because without this link with their unique information they will not get access to the event, I guess. And within GTW setup the only link I can find is the one where people can register for the event. Could you maybe also help me with that as well?

Best regards,
Katrin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do you have a screenshot?

Yes, if your campaign said "Fills Out Form" and then set Program Status=Registered GTW should now have that person in there.

Is the lead still a Member of the Program if you go to the Members Tab?

Without being able to see more, it is difficult to know what may be going on. You may have to check with Support.

Keep in mind that GTW only accepts 1-1 relationships between Program and Webinar. You cannot use recurring webinars.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

thank you very much for your quick answer. I just found the mistake.
I went through the whole program with a Marketo consultant yesterday and both of us did not see that the respective smart campaign that changes the program status to Registered was not activated. 😞 I now activated it and everything worked well.
But I still have another questions and so far I did not find the correct answer or helpful hint within the community.
Where do I get the unique link to the GTW webinar for each member now that I can send to the people who registered? Because without this link with their unique information they will not get access to the event, I guess. And within GTW setup the only link I can find is the one where people can register for the event. Could you maybe also help me with that as well?

Best regards,
Katrin

Anonymous
Not applicable

When we register the lead with GTW, we get back the unique URL for each lead.  It can been seen in the Membership grid (Members Tab) in the column called Webinar URL. If you don't see this column in your grid, you can add it by going to View and edit the view. 

To pull this URL into your confirmation or reminder emails, you use the Token {{member.webinar url}}.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Katrin,

Just wondering that how do you know the program status to Registered was not activated?

I have the same experience when create event in Marketo sync with GoToWebinar.

Thanks Rachel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rachel,

it was not the program status that was'nt activated. It was the smart campaign that changes the program status to Registered that was not activated.

So for me everything works good now.

All members of the webinar program who have got the program status Registered also appear as registered participants in GTW.

But in Marketo you need to create a smart campaign that sets everyone who fills out the Marketo registration form for that webinar to the program status Registered.

Hope that helps a bit?!

Best,

Katrin