Re: Member Webinar URL token with nested program

Muhammed_Suhail
Level 2

Member Webinar URL token with nested program

We have a email program nested under Webinar program  and use ics calendar token inside webinar program with {{member.webinar URL}}. Hence we kept all our confirmation email under event program to get ics calendar file with unique webinar url and  all smart campaign inside webinar program (smart campaigns for invite, registration confirmation and post event email).
But we kept post event emails (which has token {{member.webinar URL}} )inside nested email program as it doesn't have ics file.

Should we need to keep all emails which we have token '{{member.webinar URL}' inside webinar program? 

OR

keeping all smart campaigns inside webinar isn't enough to populate unique url and can keep all emails which has {{member.webinar URL}} token or ICS file with token {{member.webinar URL}}  inside the nested emails program?

{{member.webinar URL}? token can be used for emails inside nested email program if we use smart campaign inside webinar program (parent program) to send this email?

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Member Webinar URL token with nested program

The only cases where an Email Program makes sense to me in a webinar scenario would be the invitation and probably the after-event follow-ups (to attendees and no-shows). But none of these emails need the {{member.webinar URL}} token nor the calendar entry, do they?

So I'd keep all my "transactional" emails that need the token underneath the webinar program plus all Smart Campaigns. Email Programs don't need to have Smart Campaigns anyways.