SOLVED

{{member.webinar.url}} not working in emails. Post On24 2023 Updates

Go to solution
Zachary_Workin
Level 1

{{member.webinar.url}} not working in emails. Post On24 2023 Updates

Hey y'all, 

On24 just recently sunset their Marketo to On24 Event Partner Integration at the end of 2022. Per their directions we have set up our new On24API and proved it worked successfully, but  I just noticed that our {{member.webinar.url}} token is no longer functioning in our confirmation or reminder emails. Is anyone else having this issue, or any problems similar to this? 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: {{member.webinar.url}} not working in emails. Post On24 2023 Updates

That is the expected behavior with the new integration as Marketo program and event in the platform are not tied, rather we have a CO storing and managing the webinar attendees/registration/etc.  Instead of using the {{member.webinar url}} token, you need to create a combination of the tokens. You will need to create a token for the event ID e.g. {{my.eventid}} and the event key e.g. {{my.key}} which you can get from the “Audience” link in the ON24 platform. 

Once you have created the tokens, you would need to use them to “build” a join link as follows :

https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/{{my.eventid}}/{{my.key}}?mode=login&email={{lead.email address}}

You would need to use the above tokenized link instead of the {{member.webinar URL}} in your emails.

You should refer to this blog post discussing the new On24 integration and related nuances in detail. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

That is the expected behavior with the new integration as Marketo program and event in the platform are not tied, rather we have a CO storing and managing the webinar attendees/registration/etc.  Instead of using the {{member.webinar url}} token, you need to create a combination of the tokens. You will need to create a token for the event ID e.g. {{my.eventid}} and the event key e.g. {{my.key}} which you can get from the “Audience” link in the ON24 platform. 

Once you have created the tokens, you would need to use them to “build” a join link as follows :

https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/{{my.eventid}}/{{my.key}}?mode=login&email={{lead.email address}}

You would need to use the above tokenized link instead of the {{member.webinar URL}} in your emails.

You should refer to this blog post discussing the new On24 integration and related nuances in detail. 

Hope this helps.

Zachary_Workin
Level 1

Thank you @Darshil_Shah1!

I had an errie feeling that might happen, and thank you for the tip for building our own new "member webinar url" token. 

We will test this out and see if it works! 

Darshil_Shah1

Sure, you're very welcome! 🙂