SOLVED

Re: Member of program vs Member of smart camppaign

Go to solution
Nitishgrazitti
Level 1

Member of program vs Member of smart camppaign

Hi all,

As I am new  to marketo. I know I am asking a very dumb question. 

I wanted to know when to use Member of program and when to use member of smart campaign. 
For my understanding  i know Member of program are the leads that are in the program itself and same in the case of Smart campaign. But I am not able to understand. When and where to use these {Scenerios}. 

Can someone please explain me?? With an example  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

i know Member of program are the leads that are in the program itself and same in the case of Smart campaign.

Well, no.

Member of Smart Campaign is someone who has ever qualified for the Smart List connected to a Smart Campaign.  They need not be a member of any program — neither the program the SC is inside nor any other program. And a Smart Campaign need not be inside a program at all: SCs can live on their own outside of programs. And of course an SC inside a program might do things that have no relationship to programs at all. Sending an email, for the easiest example, has nothing directly to do with programs.

Member of Program is a person currently assigned a program status within the program. There may be other people who are not currently members of the program but were in the past. They are not current Member of Program, which only applies to people with a status at the moment you query.

If a Smart Campaign was designed to add someone to a program and/or set their program status, and a person ever ran through that SC, they’ll always be Member of Smart Campaign. That doesn’t go away. But they can be removed from the related program, in which case they will not be Member of Program anymore.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

i know Member of program are the leads that are in the program itself and same in the case of Smart campaign.

Well, no.

Member of Smart Campaign is someone who has ever qualified for the Smart List connected to a Smart Campaign.  They need not be a member of any program — neither the program the SC is inside nor any other program. And a Smart Campaign need not be inside a program at all: SCs can live on their own outside of programs. And of course an SC inside a program might do things that have no relationship to programs at all. Sending an email, for the easiest example, has nothing directly to do with programs.

Member of Program is a person currently assigned a program status within the program. There may be other people who are not currently members of the program but were in the past. They are not current Member of Program, which only applies to people with a status at the moment you query.

If a Smart Campaign was designed to add someone to a program and/or set their program status, and a person ever ran through that SC, they’ll always be Member of Smart Campaign. That doesn’t go away. But they can be removed from the related program, in which case they will not be Member of Program anymore.