SOLVED

Re: MEDDIC Lead Scoring

Go to solution
verysparky
Level 1

MEDDIC Lead Scoring

Hi,

We have our current lead scoring model built in Marketo, we use both demographics score and behavioral score, to score the leads. However, the behavioral score takes precedent when it comes to MQL.

Our Sales team planning to transition to the MEDDIC process (Metrics, Economic buyer, Decision criteria, Decision process, Identify pain, and Champion). I understand the MEDDIC model is very complex and it takes into account of both demographic and behavioral score in various combinations to achieve MQL.

Hence, the need to understand the best practices of MEEDIC Lead Scoring model and how the other companies have implemented this model is crucial for us, before we can make any decisions.

Have any one of you currently using this model? If yes, would it be possible for you to share it?

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks in advance

Viki Sparks
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

In my experience, sales qualification models like MEDDIC and MEDPIC don't directly translate into pre-sales qualification. So you wouldn't necessarily want to try to implement MEDDIC in Marketo. You also have to go with the info you actually have in Marketo, and also balance out the length of your form vs what info you capture.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

In my experience, sales qualification models like MEDDIC and MEDPIC don't directly translate into pre-sales qualification. So you wouldn't necessarily want to try to implement MEDDIC in Marketo. You also have to go with the info you actually have in Marketo, and also balance out the length of your form vs what info you capture.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
verysparky
Level 1

We thought so too, and ended up sticking with the current model with no changes.

Viki Sparks