SOLVED

Re: Mass Update Marketo User Login Emails

Go to solution
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Mass Update Marketo User Login Emails

Hello Marketo community,

We are having to update all of our Marketo user's login emails and I'm not aware of a way to do that in bulk. The only 'bulk' update I believe we could do is create new users and delete the old users via the API.

Has anyone found a workaround for this at all?

Thanks in advance!

Mariah

Mariah Mattick
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

AFAIK, there's no bulk API to do this in one go! You need to use the update users API for each user you wanna update the emails one by one by passing each user's user id. If I were you, I would have developed a small re-usuable program (wrapper to the Marketo REST API) to call the update users API for all the users I would wanna update - under the hood the program would call the update users API for each users using user-id. Also, if you have few users to update - say < 10 you can manually call the update users API for each user since that would be faster than coming up with a code. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

There does appear to be an API endpoint for this.  

https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/user-management-endpoint-reference/#/User...

Talk to any of the DevMOPs folks on this board about how to leverage.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

AFAIK, there's no bulk API to do this in one go! You need to use the update users API for each user you wanna update the emails one by one by passing each user's user id. If I were you, I would have developed a small re-usuable program (wrapper to the Marketo REST API) to call the update users API for all the users I would wanna update - under the hood the program would call the update users API for each users using user-id. Also, if you have few users to update - say < 10 you can manually call the update users API for each user since that would be faster than coming up with a code. Hope this helps!