SOLVED

Re: Marketo Tracking Code

Go to solution
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Marketo Tracking Code

We utilize the reports in Marketo and for some reason the files that we have uploaded into the Marketo Design Studio aren't showing activity.  They're pdf's but they're housed inside of Marketo.  When I ask the system to look for the URL http://info.byetm.com/rs/etm/images/ETM_UPExchange_Brief.pdf it's not pulling it from the list, yet this is the link for this particular brief.  We want to see on the report when someone clicks on this link.  Any ideas why it woldn't track?  I know it's a pdf, but I was told that they would track if housed in Marketo design studio
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sherry, you should open a case with Marketo tech support.  They will be able to look at your report setup and have a screen share session with you if necessary.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the clicks on your document links in an email or a landing page?  Which report are you using to track the link clicks?  How are you configuring your report?
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

It's not an email but hosted on our website
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Oh and the report is in the Marketo Analytics section and I've custom made them by making smart lists.  I've attached a screen shot.0EM50000000QSmm.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you clicked on this link to test it?  You'll also want to change the filters to remove the red line
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Yes, I fixed the filters and it still isn't working.  I guess I can contact support but first wanted to make sure I was searching properly under the clicks - I tried viewed web page and that didn't even come up at all.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the issue here is that the Web Page Activity report and its Click Link filter are only for web pages, not files.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Yes Elliott I thought the same thing until the office hours coach Nicole said that as long as it's hosted in Marketo, the files will track too.  Maybe the flow is wrong then?  Should it be a different search type?
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

I created a custom report in the Other Reports section and tested this - it worked okay.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amy, I'm not understanding what you mean by "created a customer report in the Other Reports section " - can you elaborate?

I was able to generate results with both the Web Page and Lead Performance reports using theClick Link filter with the "contains" operator and ".PDF" as the argument.

Sherry, are you sure your UCP Vendor filter with the "is not" operator is not causing the results to be filtered out?