Re: Marketo token, Date and Time incorrect in Confirmation Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo token, Date and Time incorrect in Confirmation Email

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with a Marketo token for date and time. I do not know why but the token "Appointment Date and Time: {{lead.Appointment Date Time:default=edit me}} Eastern Time Zone" pulls in the time 6 hours later than the actual time, when sent as a thank you email. We should be in NY EST but it's always 6 hours ahead. Is there a reason for this, is the Marketo time messing up the appointment confirmation?

Also, the time does not display AM or PM. Is there a way to fix this too?

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate this.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Andrew,

Instance time and pod time are two different concepts that can affect datetimes in Marketo. The pod time is not something you can change, but you can work around it by accurate application of Velocity scripting (email script tokens). Velocity is also the only way to get the AM and PM added to the output.

If you search my posts on the Community for "velocity locale," you'll get insight into the ways to manipulate and reformat stored dates and datetimes in emails. Tagged posts at http://blog.teknkl.com/tag/velocity are also recommended.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

In addition to Sandy's recommendation above, I'd recommend confirming whatever is stamping your value on the lead for Appointment Date Time. It sounds like that is what is marking the NY + 6 hours time.