SOLVED

Re: Marketo Smart Campaign - Outreach Tasks

Go to solution
hstarr
Level 1

Marketo Smart Campaign - Outreach Tasks

Has anyone integrated Marketo with Outreach? I'm curious about using a Marketo Smart Campaign to create a tag or task in Outreach. 

Our Sales team uses Outreach to manage their tasks and MQLs.  What we're trying to manage is creating a task or tagging prospects in Outreach, after a prospect has MQL'd. and then reengaged. To do this we created a checkbox in Salesforce indicating that the MQL is older than one day. 

The problem is Outreach doesn't allow any time filters to create a trigger.  We can choose to have it applied once to the prospect or every time it matches the criteria, which would mean every time the Salesforce record was updated it would generate a task. I was hoping with a Outreach - Marketo integration I could use some time restrictions to create a task or tag in Marketo. 

Does anyone out there have experience creating an Outreach tag from Marketo? 

Thanks!

Harison 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, we built an extraordinarily complex integration with Outreach using the Outreach API (and a webhook-compatible service in-between Mkto & Outreach). It does round-robin assignment, ignores already-assigned prospects, starts sequences, etc.

If you want to add a tag to an Outreach account, that’s on the easy side (it’s a direct property of the account). But does of course require development.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Yes, we built an extraordinarily complex integration with Outreach using the Outreach API (and a webhook-compatible service in-between Mkto & Outreach). It does round-robin assignment, ignores already-assigned prospects, starts sequences, etc.

If you want to add a tag to an Outreach account, that’s on the easy side (it’s a direct property of the account). But does of course require development.

hstarr
Level 1

Thanks Sanford! 

So I'd be looking to use a smart campaign in Marketo, to check the MQL status, that the last touch program name has changed  to add ( and if possible remove) a tag from a person in Outreach. You think that should be doable? Thanks for your help!

Harison

SanfordWhiteman

Certainly doable.