Re: Marketo - SFDC Sync - But Stop People from Showing up as Leads for Sales through LLC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo - SFDC Sync - But Stop People from Showing up as Leads for Sales through LLC

We are lead scoring, using SFDC, and have Lead Life Cycle turned on. We want to use SFDC as a true CRM and have all our People sync, but only a portion of the people are truly leads.

Example:  Industry specific: Manufacturers are leads, but Retailers, Developers, and Brokers are not.

However, I want them all to sync, but not ever be visible to my sellers as leads.

Is the only way to do this to leave marketo alone and set up a verification rule in SFDC?

OR..do I need to alter my Demo scores and Lead Life Cyle in Marketing Activities?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo - SFDC Sync - But Stop People from Showing up as Leads for Sales through LLC

There are a lot of threads on controlling this.

But you aren't very clear on what you do want to happen in SFDC itself. Are you saying you want to block Retailer Leads from being inserted into SFDC? or do you mean they are Account+Contacts?

You can control things in various ways:

• Marketo  - don't sync records that don't match profile.
  • SFDC - prevent users from seeing records and record types with their User Profile.