SOLVED

Re: Marketo Sales Insights Tab

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Sales Insights Tab

Generic question, once MSI is installed in SFDC for all users will they need to add the tab to their view in order to see the lead information?

My goal is to install and add only to my view to begin with to make sure everything is working properly.  Then in training next week with our sales team ask them to add the tab to their view so that they can begin to see this information.

Will this work?

Thanks!

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

So, the reality is that all SFDC Users can see MSI if

• Their profile allows such access
  • MSI is placed on the page layouts for that profile

Now, Marketo does see the # of SFDC Users that can see MSI so it is often the case that your Users > Licenses. If you are able to restrict access to the right people, that's good. Sometimes you just don't have an SFDC Admin who can do this though.

The Email Plug In Licenses are much more restrictive and you must issue them to each user and you cannot go above.

So, if this is an issue and you are worried about violating the licenses, speak with your account rep. I haven't seen a case where there was a crackdown, but you should make an effort to keep MSI to specific users.

**and this is not an encouragement to exceed your contract, but the reality of how MSI has worked in the past.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will need a license to access MSI, so you can roll this over time

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told that the license is only applicable to users of the email feature of MSI?

I was under the impression that MSI will be available to all SFDC users.  Is that not correct?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

So, the reality is that all SFDC Users can see MSI if

• Their profile allows such access
  • MSI is placed on the page layouts for that profile

Now, Marketo does see the # of SFDC Users that can see MSI so it is often the case that your Users > Licenses. If you are able to restrict access to the right people, that's good. Sometimes you just don't have an SFDC Admin who can do this though.

The Email Plug In Licenses are much more restrictive and you must issue them to each user and you cannot go above.

So, if this is an issue and you are worried about violating the licenses, speak with your account rep. I haven't seen a case where there was a crackdown, but you should make an effort to keep MSI to specific users.

**and this is not an encouragement to exceed your contract, but the reality of how MSI has worked in the past.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI all,

You may want to vote here:

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help!

We have successfully installed MSI and I have a question about the prioritization of leads.  Is the priority always driven off of the velocity of the lead score, meaning that lead status does not affect the lead's position at all in the list view?

Couple of other questions:

1. What will happen if I check the RSS feed button in the settings tab of insights?

2. Should different scores be used for the flames and stars?  Such as behavior score for flames?  Right now I have both set to read lead score.