Re: Marketo Sales Insight Questions

Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3

Marketo Sales Insight Questions

We're launching Marketo Sales Insight later this month. I wanted to confirm a few items I've seen in the Community and ask some questions to make sure we're ready:

MSI on leads/contacts/accounts/opportunities:

• If a salesperson who does not have a Marketo user account clicks in the Email tab to view an email in Marketo, they will not be able to preview the email, correct?

• How far back in time does the information go for Interesting Moments, Web Activity, Score and Email?

• Can salespeople only see MSI for the people they own or for the entire database? Our salespeople have access to view all account and customer information in Salesforce.

• We have set up to enter a "Sent Sales Email" activity in Salesforce records for any emails sent through MSI. When I click on the Activity Detail, it does not populate the actual email content i.e. "Hi Alexis, Here is my latest offer..." Unfortunately this is not much value if a salesperson cannot keep record of what they actually sent, only the Subject Line!

MSI dashboard:

• What is the default amount of time for Best Bets to be hidden if you hide someone?

• If a salesperson who does not have a Marketo user account clicks to view the web pages visited in the Web Activity tab, will they see the URLs?

• We do not have Salesforce Territories enabled. How can I make Anonymous Web Activity helpful?

• If a user updates the default Anonymous Web Activity view to filter to different Geographic regions, will those changes apply to everyone who accesses MSI? Or will these customized filters apply individually to every user so they customize their default Anonymous Web Activity view to their needs?

• Do Custom Views only apply to the Best Bets tab? I just created a Custom View, and tried to filter the My Email tab to just accounts that fit my Custom View criteria. Nothing happened except the MSI dashboard refreshed back to the Best Bets tab.

• If I click to Subscribe to an alert for a Type of Interesting Moment (i.e. Email), does that mean I'll receive an alert for any Email-related Interesting Moments for all prospects and contacts I own?

• How do I unsubscribe from MSI Text Alerts? They do not come through with an Unsubscribe instruction.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Alexis! Answers below in red:

MSI on leads/contacts/accounts/opportunities:

• If a salesperson who does not have a Marketo user account clicks in the Email tab to view an email in Marketo, they will not be able to preview the email, correct? Marketo actually doesn't have a good way to limit the number of licenses for MSI, so if it's installed and the iFrame is visible on that person's profile, everyone can see it.

• How far back in time does the information go for Interesting Moments, Web Activity, Score and Email? For Web Activity and Score, 90 days. Interesting Moments are permanent. Email I believe stays forever as well.

• Can salespeople only see MSI for the people they own or for the entire database? Our salespeople have access to view all account and customer information in Salesforce. They can see MSI for everyone!

• We have set up to enter a "Sent Sales Email" activity in Salesforce records for any emails sent through MSI. When I click on the Activity Detail, it does not populate the actual email content i.e. "Hi Alexis, Here is my latest offer..." Unfortunately this is not much value if a salesperson cannot keep record of what they actually sent, only the Subject Line! The emails will still be stored in the Emails tab and the sales person will have the ability to see the email, I believe.

MSI dashboard:

• What is the default amount of time for Best Bets to be hidden if you hide someone? 7 days, and there is no way to customize that or hide someone permanently.

• If a salesperson who does not have a Marketo user account clicks to view the web pages visited in the Web Activity tab, will they see the URLs? A sales person will not require an actual Marketo login. I believe what you're referring to is the MSI licenses, and again, Marketo doesn't have a great way to limit those on the Salesforce side so they're basically unlimited.

• We do not have Salesforce Territories enabled. How can I make Anonymous Web Activity helpful? I always provided a clear explanation of what Anonymous Web Activity actually is and how it is or isn't helpful. Like a disclaimer of "this could contain clients, this could contain existing accounts with anonymous cookies, use at your own risk."

• If a user updates the default Anonymous Web Activity view to filter to different Geographic regions, will those changes apply to everyone who accesses MSI? Or will these customized filters apply individually to every user so they customize their default Anonymous Web Activity view to their needs? Customized filters apply only to that user.

• Do Custom Views only apply to the Best Bets tab? I just created a Custom View, and tried to filter the My Email tab to just accounts that fit my Custom View criteria. Nothing happened except the MSI dashboard refreshed back to the Best Bets tab. Custom views only apply to Best Bets, as far as I know.

• If I click to Subscribe to an alert for a Type of Interesting Moment (i.e. Email), does that mean I'll receive an alert for any Email-related Interesting Moments for all prospects and contacts I own? Yes, but it is dependent on the Type set in the Interesting Moment in Marketo where it is logged.

• How do I unsubscribe from MSI Text Alerts? They do not come through with an Unsubscribe instruction. I'm sorry, I don't know about the text alerts!

Hope that was helpful!

Kristy_Murphy
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Sydney Mulligan​ Do you know how the contact logic works for Best Bets? We have reps that are saying that they don't own a percentage of the contacts that are appearing for them in Best Bets. Any insight?

Your answers above were super helpful!

SydneyMulligan

It is based on Contact Owner for sure. Are you sure they aren't looking at the Account Owner and thinking that they're looking at the Contact Owner? I have had that issue with reps before.

Kristy_Murphy
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Sydney Mulligan You might have answered the issue that we are having. We don't allow reps to own contacts. They are assigned to account teams and within that team they have contacts. So if they aren't assigned to contacts directly but are assigned to contacts by way of leads or opportunities then I wonder if those are the only contacts showing for them?

SydneyMulligan

Ah, yes that's your issue. It's based on the standard Contact Owner field only.

SydneyMulligan

or Lead Owner field for leads!

Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3

Thank you very much Sydney Mulligan​! This was very helpful!