Re: Marketo Sales Insight (MSI)

Adrianna_Burges
Level 2

Marketo Sales Insight (MSI)

Can folder access be restricted or dictated? If a Sales Team member is interested in creating an email we want to provide specific templates for use. However, we need to make sure that only certain folders and templates are accessible. Is there a way to do this? Does it require admin access?

9 REPLIES 9
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unfortunately Marketo does not offer folder level permissions at this time

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Adrianna_Burges
Level 2

This may be a silly follow up, but since folders cannot be dictated, how can you manage the content that is visible? I am not certain what the path is for the folders which are showing up in MSI. It doesn't seem to follow any of the organization that we currently have in our Marketo instance. We have content from 2015 showing. If I have some idea of the path it may allow some backend cleanup to at least only provide current curated content. 

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

@Adrianna_Burges 

What CRM are you using?

The content shown to the CRM would be managed by the individual emails. There would be a setting for 'Push to MSI' for each email. And only those emails would be visible in your CRM.

Adrianna_Burges
Level 2

Where is this option with respect to the email? I am not seeing an option "Push to MSI". All of our emails are in Marketing Activities nested in an assets folder within a program folder. I don't see this option anywhere. Is this an option in Admin?

Also, if a program and their assets are archived, would they still be visible within Salesforce? I am seeing this as well which is making it a challenge to manage and clean-up.

Thank you everyone for the help. 🙂

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

@Adrianna_Burges 

You would need to go into the email and under email settings. Here is a URL for more guidance https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/marketo-sales-insight/msi-for-sal...

Even archived emails would still be available in MSI within Salesforce unless you untick the 'Push to MSI' box OR set an expiration.

Adrianna_Burges
Level 2

@Floyd_Alvares2  Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed to move forward. I truly appreciate your help and guidance. 

Adrianna_Burges
Level 2

Hi @Floyd_Alvares2 

Me again. Would this be an issue I present to our internal admins or is this a Marketo bug? Has anyone ever seen this? Does anyone know if there is a way to mass update and deselect this option for all emails?

The box is not checked to publish to MSI, but it is still an option per the below. 

Adrianna_Burges_2-1634841031857.png

Adrianna_Burges_4-1634841255403.png

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @Adrianna_Burges 

1. Just checking if it is the same email Or is there another email with the same name? I can see 'retired' in the Marketo email asset.

2. After unchecking the Push to MSI, have you re-approved the email?

Adrianna_Burges
Level 2

@Floyd_Alvares2 

It looks like there are (2) different options that I am seeing with regard to templates. 

1) MSI - when in the MSI object in SFDC I have an option to Send Marketo Email.  This option is pulling only those emails which have the push to MSI option checked.

2) SFDC object Send Email - which is pulling email templates from our Marketo instance that do not have the push to MSI option. I am uncertain as to what is allowing basically all of our emails (multiple years) to be visible and available to send. 

I believe I will need to consult with our Operations team and SFDC Team to better understand this option and why everything is visible.

Thank you for your patience and help. 🙂