SOLVED

Marketo Sales Insight (MSI) for Salesforce not Updating "Email From Field" - Any Fix? (how to change Sales Insight From email address)

Go to solution
ClearwayFrank
Level 2

Marketo Sales Insight (MSI) for Salesforce not Updating "Email From Field" - Any Fix? (how to change Sales Insight From email address)

Hello, we are now starting to use the Marketo Sales Insight for Salesforce. Our Customer Support Team wants to rely on Marketo to send emails to customers from salesforce as this enables for Marketo's contact activity tracking and Analytics.

One thing I have been having issues with, is changing the Email From Address field to not use the Users email address, but a global customer support email address. I change it on the Settings for the Salesforce Sync, as the example shows below, the "Team1 Email <team1@domain.com>" is a global email, and I want all emails sent from the MSI widget in salesforce to come from the Team 1 Address, instead they are going out with the Salesforce User email. EX: John Doe sends email, email to contact shows From: John Doe <j.doe@domain.com>

ClearwayFrank_0-1654618657596.png

Does any body know why won't Marketo use the "told" email, and just go for the Salesforce user?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Marketo Sales Insight (MSI) for Salesforce not Updating "Email From Field" - Any Fix? (how to change Sales Insight From email address)

Well, I don't think you can hard code the email address in the MSI settings in Marketo to override the default logged in user's email address for sending the MSI emails from CRM (SFDC/MSD). MSI's Send Marketo Email functionality is intended to send email from the person who's sending it, rather than someone else as its meant for one-to-one communication from the sales person.

FWIW, I don't think you can actually add a custom email address in the MSI settings in Marketo, as the "From Address Field:" in the MSI settings is a picklist field (and not a email/text field for you to enter the email of your choice).

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654675683654.png

As a walkaround, you can create a trigger campaign in Marketo which can be requested using the "Add to Campaign" option from the MSI in CRM (SFDC/MSD) and in the campaign's flow you can send the regular email (via Send Email flow step) to the person. You'd be able to customize the sender's address in this case as this email being sent from the Marketo like any other normal email asset.

Darshil_Shah1_2-1654676023074.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Re: Marketo Sales Insight (MSI) for Salesforce not Updating "Email From Field" - Any Fix? (how to change Sales Insight From email address)

Well, I don't think you can hard code the email address in the MSI settings in Marketo to override the default logged in user's email address for sending the MSI emails from CRM (SFDC/MSD). MSI's Send Marketo Email functionality is intended to send email from the person who's sending it, rather than someone else as its meant for one-to-one communication from the sales person.

FWIW, I don't think you can actually add a custom email address in the MSI settings in Marketo, as the "From Address Field:" in the MSI settings is a picklist field (and not a email/text field for you to enter the email of your choice).

Darshil_Shah1_1-1654675683654.png

As a walkaround, you can create a trigger campaign in Marketo which can be requested using the "Add to Campaign" option from the MSI in CRM (SFDC/MSD) and in the campaign's flow you can send the regular email (via Send Email flow step) to the person. You'd be able to customize the sender's address in this case as this email being sent from the Marketo like any other normal email asset.

Darshil_Shah1_2-1654676023074.png

ClearwayFrank
Level 2

Thanks for your reply Darshil. I tried the settings "From Address Field" dropdown option and the emails were still sending from the user. Maybe those are set up wrong on our side? I will have to investigate this a bit further.

The campaign method is a pretty good walkaround, might not be the best for the current case scenario but for future usage for sure. 

Darshil_Shah1

@ClearwayFrank wrote:

Thanks for your reply Darshil. I tried the settings "From Address Field" dropdown option and the emails were still sending from the user. Maybe those are set up wrong on our side? I will have to investigate this a bit further.

MSI emails that are sent from the SFDC will be sent from the logged-in user's email address only. MSI enables the sales team to send 1-1 emails to the people, any token/email address you add in the email asset would be overwritten, also the From Address Field in the MSI setting probably does not allow setting a custom email address.