SOLVED

Marketo Sales Insight/Interesting Moments Issue

Go to solution
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Marketo Sales Insight/Interesting Moments Issue

I raised a ticket with support on this but so far have not had luck, so hoping the community may able to help me identify the issue.

In my sandbox environment, I am testing some interesting moments. I can see that the Interesting moment fields are getting updated with the milestones I sent over in SFDC, but the  visual component is showing there are no interesting moments to display. 

Has anyone come across this issue? Thank you!

Steve_Schimmel_0-1678373973559.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo Sales Insight/Interesting Moments Issue

Agreed with recommendations by, @satz_k ! If you’re able to see other  updates in MSI and perform other actions from MSI (send sales email, request campaign, etc.), but not able to see the interesting moments in the MSI, then this could be an issue local to your implementation (which support should ideally help in figuring out).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

A few things to check here-

• Is the record same as the one on which you’re creating interesting moments in Marketo? There could be a case that you may have duplicate records in SFDC with same email address. To check if the record in Salesforce matches the record in Marketo, compare the SFDC ID.  On the Marketo side, this can be found in a field on the Lead Database record.
  • Also, could you check for any sync errors from Admin > Salesforce > Sync Errors. 
  • You could also check whether updates done in Marketo on other synced/mapped fields are getting over to SFDC.
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Thank you for your suggestions!

• Is the record same as the one on which you’re creating interesting moments in Marketo? There could be a case that you may have duplicate records in SFDC with same email address. To check if the record in Salesforce matches the record in Marketo, compare the SFDC ID.  On the Marketo side, this can be found in a field on the Lead Database record. Confirming it is the same record. 
  • Also, could you check for any sync errors from Admin > Salesforce > Sync Errors. No sync errors reported.
  • You could also check whether updates done in Marketo on other synced/mapped fields are getting over to SFDC. I successfully updated other fields on the lead record (job title) and see that was properly changed.

Note that you can see the interesting moment fields are updated on the record. It is just the visual component that is not updating.

satz_k
Level 1

Hi Steve,

Are you able to see other pieces of the MSI getting updated? - Scoring, Web Activity & Email Activity - If it's a sandbox instance, try updating the scoring field and check if the scoring activity is getting updated (Also Stars & Flames). If none of the data is getting updated on the visual force page, could be an issue with MSI configuration/Setup.

The Last Interesting Moment related fields (Description, Date, Source, & Type) are part of the Native Marketo/Salesforce Integration, where as the MSI uses separate configuration/setup to pull in Scoring, Email, Web Activity & Interesting Moments.

Hope this helps! Kindly let me know if you need more help.

Best,

Satz

Darshil_Shah1

Agreed with recommendations by, @satz_k ! If you’re able to see other  updates in MSI and perform other actions from MSI (send sales email, request campaign, etc.), but not able to see the interesting moments in the MSI, then this could be an issue local to your implementation (which support should ideally help in figuring out).