Marketo Program and Salesforce Campaign Sync Broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Program and Salesforce Campaign Sync Broken

Does anyone have tips or ideas about how to troubleshoot the Marketo program to Salesforce Campaign automatic sync feature?  Only about half of the leads are making it through to the Salesforce campaign, as if the sync got stuck.  It doesn't seem to have to do with when they were added to the program, whether they were acquired by it or what the program status is. 

I've been able to work around it by breaking the program-level sync and using individual flow steps in my smart campaigns instead, and all other aspects of our sync (lead creation/updates/MSI) are working correctly.  Still, it's really time consuming and annoying to constantly run clean-ups!

11 REPLIES 11
Steven_Vanderbe
Marketo Employee

Re: Marketo Program and Salesforce Campaign Sync Broken

Hi Allison,

You may want to shoot this over to Support.  It will probably involve taking a look at your backend to see how records are syncing.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Support probably needs to help you.

But check if you enabled SFDC Campaign sync in Admin > Salesforce and whether or not the Marketo User can see all the SFDC Campaigns and Leads involved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting to see another person with this issue. I have had a MKTO support ticket open for over 1 month dealing with this issue. Still not resolved even though it has been escalated to engineering...Radio silence has been frustrating

Wael Elasady​ fyi

Nic Zangre​ fyi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes!  I just put in my ticket today.  Hopefully something will come through soon.  If we figure anything out, I'll be sure to post it! 

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

As you are investigating, also look at the activity log of the leads that did not sync over - could it be that they are missing a field required in SFDC (such as company name). As a temporary fix, you could sync as part of a flow action. That might even provide more intel about what is going wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Alex!  Using the flow action sync has been working, which is good news for us as we try to figure out what's going on.  I think that means that the issue isn't necessarily with the leads.  I didn't see any patterns in the activity logs of the leads that didn't sync, but a list of leads to look into was one of the first things Marketo Support asked for, so I'm hoping they'll see something I missed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For those of you who are following this, support has had to move the ticket on the the next level up.  We've had a few random program/campaign syncs that have worked, and a lot where there have been mad scrambles when someone points out there's only three people in a major campaign.  The SFDC campaign flow steps have saved us though.  Many of our programs now have a "program status changed" triggered smart campaign that adds the lead to the Salesforce campaign if it wasn't in there already, and changes the status as appropriate.  It's more work, but at least we can stay up and running! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our latest advice from Marketo support was to fix some places where the field type of Salesforce custom fields were changed without a corresponding change in the Marketo custom fields. 

However, a consultant we work started asking about naming and whether we created the campaigns from Marketo.  So far all of the sync issues I've checked were created from Marketo, but the name of the campaign was changed in Salesforce.  (ex. Awesome Event 2015M5 in Marketo to Awesome Event May 2015 in Salesforce).  I've tried keeping everything exactly the same as I create the new campaign, and that seems to be working so far. 

Has anyone else come up with any solutions? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're experiencing the same issue with our instance, the sync to SFDC flow step works, but the SFDC campaign sync does not. Unfortunately, most of our programs rely on the campaign sync.

Our Marketo program name and SFDC campaign names are exactly the same, but the SFDC campaigns were all created via Marketo.

We've got several tickets open and we've escalated support levels, but still no fix from Marketo.

Any updates from anyone else experiencing this issue?