SOLVED

Re: Marketo/Outlook Plugin Use Question

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo/Outlook Plugin Use Question

I would like to start having our sales team start using the Marketo/Outlook plugin to track emails in Salesforce. With our current settings, emails sent through the Marketo/Outlook plugin only appear in Salesforce's Sales Insight area. I would like to have the emails sent through the plug in to appear in the Salesforce's "Activity History" and "Marketo Sales Insight" areas. The only way I've found to accomplish this is to bcc with the sender's Salesforce email address. which will allow it to appear in both Salesforce's "Activity History" and "Marketo Sales Insight" areas. Does anyone know of another way to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is generally not the standard functionality. You should encourage Sales to use the MSI features in SFDC or they tend to ignore it.

But to solve your problem - you can go to Admin > SFDC > Activity Sync and select one of the Sales Email options to show this in the Activity History automatically.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is generally not the standard functionality. You should encourage Sales to use the MSI features in SFDC or they tend to ignore it.

But to solve your problem - you can go to Admin > SFDC > Activity Sync and select one of the Sales Email options to show this in the Activity History automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

Is there a way to measure the volume of emails sent through the plugin? I am tryin to figure which inside sales reps are using it and who are not?

Kavya

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Josh,

I see this answer users that use Sales Force. Do you happen to know how to set the same trigger/Sync with Dynamics CRM? I am not seeing the same set up in the product docs.

Peter