SOLVED

Re: Marketo not showing all members of SFDC Campaign

Go to solution
RusuRares
Level 1

Marketo not showing all members of SFDC Campaign

Hello!

We are trying to send an email campaign to get people to opt-in. We have around 19k members in Salesforce that have not opted in and we want to reach out to them. I've set up the program but it only shows us about 5800 people, from which 2700 are marketing suspended, so that leaves us with around 13k people that are not showing up in the Smart Campaign when we try to send the email. I'm not sure how to proceed and send the email to all of the SFDC campaign members. On the campaign smartlist I only used the "member of SFDC campaign" filter. I tried different variations but same result.

Does this have something to do with their status in the SFDC campaign, maybe not being compatible with the status in Marketo? 

Thank you for your time!

marketo members.pngsfdc members 19k.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You should update the permission of the Marketo sync user profile so that it is able to see the missing records (maybe you'd need to give access to the Record Type to which those records belong). I'd check with the stakeholders before updating the sync user's permission to understand the reason why the Marketo sync user wasn't given permission to access those records in the first place. You'd not want to sync 13k records over to Marketo unnecessarily or w/o thinking through it properly. If you're good to update the permission, then I'd get in touch with the SFDC admin to get help in updating the permission sets of the sync user profile. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1

Marketo's sync user may not have apt permissions to view/access all the records that you've in your SFDC campaign. Can you try spot-checking a few people who are not picked up by the campaign's SL but are there in the SFDC campaign to see if they really exist in the Marketo or not?

RusuRares
Level 1

Thank you for your reply. From what I can gather, the people don't actually exist in Marketo. How is it best to proceed in this case? 

Darshil_Shah1

You should update the permission of the Marketo sync user profile so that it is able to see the missing records (maybe you'd need to give access to the Record Type to which those records belong). I'd check with the stakeholders before updating the sync user's permission to understand the reason why the Marketo sync user wasn't given permission to access those records in the first place. You'd not want to sync 13k records over to Marketo unnecessarily or w/o thinking through it properly. If you're good to update the permission, then I'd get in touch with the SFDC admin to get help in updating the permission sets of the sync user profile. 

RusuRares
Level 1

Awesome! I'll check with the stakeholders and we'll see how we decide to proceed. Thank you so much for your support!

Darshil_Shah1

Cool! Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Katja_Keesom

That is of course unless there is a genuine reason why these people were excluded from syncing to Marketo. I hope there is good documentation around where you can see the logic behind design decisions like this. Similarly, there might be a process running in the background in Marketo managing the Marketing Suspended flag. I would certainly advise to do the research on why things were set up in this way before making fundamental changes like this.