SOLVED

Marketo Munchkin API Call

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Munchkin API Call

I used this link: http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/lead-tracking-munchkin-js/ and an associateLead submit through the method they have their and tried it several times. I'm not sure where the problem lies? anybody use this currently and if so, Any tips or should I just go back to doing a post page through jQuery Ajax - and post to my lead/capture url?

I like this munchkin method because it's all javascript based. but it doesn't seem to be working.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo Munchkin API Call

Thanks. I was able to get it to work. I was using API fields and not SOAP API fields from my export. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me a whie to make Munchkin API associateLead call work. The toughest part is even if it fails you get back HTTP code 200 OK so it doesn't help debugging.

Here are some things I found out:

* You must create the email hash on the server-side. This is the ruby code I use
email_hash = Digest::SHA1.hexdigest(marketo_config[:private_key] + traits[:email])

* You must have the unhashed email in the properties you send through otherwise it doesn't work
* The email hash is made with the private key in Marketo. This private key you have to create yourself and set in Admin > Integration > Munchkin > API Configuration (box). You also have to enable the API there.
* Make sure your properties are camelCased. such as Email: 

Hope that helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I was able to get it to work. I was using API fields and not SOAP API fields from my export. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ecavazos,

I'm not a developer and have been trying to get my external form to submit to MKTO, while maintaining the lead's cookie to still be connected to that data. Since you've clearly gotten yours to work, can I contract you to show me how?

Thanks,

Amanda
aovenden@recombo.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, great! My error was due to not including the unhashed email address. Thanks alot!