Analysis for hundreds of Products

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analysis for hundreds of Products

Hi, Folks

I want to create a form and landing page by Marketo for each product of my company and we have 600 types of products. I want to make the profile data that will be filled out on the form to Marketo database and each profile data must be specified which product it has to do with. 

One of ideas is to create a Marketo LP with a form that is accesible through a link on our website, with a hidden field of each product and clone it 600 times! However, it should be unrealistic considering the case where we will have to revise the form design in the future.

Another is to create a form where users have to choose each product on their own. In this case, we have to provide users with some easy interface so that they can easily select a product since selecting one of 600 should be hard!

In here, I want to know:

- Are there some ways that gives Marketo form pull-down lists (double or tripple) that can automatically specify alternatives?
 - Is it possible to make some triggers corresponding to a product filled out. It is important as I need analysis for each product.

If you have some experience to analyze hunderds of products, pleae give me tips on this. Any advice would be helpful!

Tad

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Analysis for hundreds of Products

Tad,

For the actual form, you may need some javascript to enhance the Marketo Form to handle so many products. Something like a Product Category > Product Sub Category > Product

But maybe you want to structure the Forms so that you have Sub Category Forms and they are placed in the relevant areas so there is less work for your lead. If I have to click 3 times to choose a product I am unsure about, I will leave your site.

How are your existing forms and site structured? Do people choose a Service Line rather than a Product? Why do they need to choose a product right now? Here are some options:
  • Form has a service line instead of specific product
  • Form has product embedded as a hidden field, based on a URL parameter that the page generates automatically. If they land on the page for Product Y, that is coded in the URL and hidden field.
I am unsure what you mean in your second question - do you mean a Marketo Trigger? What sort of analysis or action do you want? You can have Marketo trigger on a product for sure, but I think you are trying to do something else.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

Thanks for your advice!

As for the second question, I meant a Market Trigger and the details are as follows:

Let's consider the case where I create only 12 (not 600) types of LPs and forms by Marketo for product categories.  In this case, I still need the linkage (corelation) when a user clicks the link of each product on the existing website. For instance, when a user fills out their profiles in the form on the page of product A (this form is not only for product A but for product category A'), how can I get the data that this user is interested in product A, transferred to the Marketo database? 

Thanks

Tad

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You could say

Visits Web Page IS Product A

Change Data Value IS Product Type = "Product A"