SOLVED

Re: Marketo modules where to start building them?

Go to solution
SandyBarta99
Level 2

Marketo modules where to start building them?

Hi all,

Where do I start when building modules in Marketo, I can't seem to find the place where to start creating them  and they can then be visible when creating an email. Could you please guide me.

Do you recommend an agency to do it? Have you done it internally?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Grundy1
Level 3 - Champion

Hi Sandy

These modules all live within the HTML of your email template.

There is specific Marketo syntax that can be added to the code that will determine what is one module and the controls a user that's using the template will have when editing that module.

More information on this can be found here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Email+Template+Syntax (Maybe start with the section titled 'Modules' towards the bottom of the page).

HTML for emails is very different to how you'd approach a website, so if you're not familiar with this and agency might be best (especially with the range of devices, email clients, mobile v desktop, dark mode, etc.). There are also some places online you can fine pre-built Marketo templates (including the Marketo template library itself). 

I hope this points you in the right direction!
John

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John_Grundy1
Level 3 - Champion

Hi Sandy

These modules all live within the HTML of your email template.

There is specific Marketo syntax that can be added to the code that will determine what is one module and the controls a user that's using the template will have when editing that module.

More information on this can be found here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Email+Template+Syntax (Maybe start with the section titled 'Modules' towards the bottom of the page).

HTML for emails is very different to how you'd approach a website, so if you're not familiar with this and agency might be best (especially with the range of devices, email clients, mobile v desktop, dark mode, etc.). There are also some places online you can fine pre-built Marketo templates (including the Marketo template library itself). 

I hope this points you in the right direction!
John