Marketo Measure Touchpoints Not Attributing to Contact Record

TimMktOps
Level 1

Marketo Measure Touchpoints Not Attributing to Contact Record

We recently ran an event and I'm keeping track of the ROI off the back of it.

Our syncing rules from the Marketo program to Marketo Measure are based on having a program success. In our Marketo program I can see 38 successes, but only 32 in Marketo Measure (with status updated 3 days ago), which is one issue.

The other issue is one of the contacts I dug in to has a touchpoint for the event, but despite having the same email address that touchpoint isn't associated with the Salesforce Contact for the person. In fact only 2 touchpoints out of 6 for that email address are attached to the contact.

The first issue I can imagine something is setup wrong and I can probably do something to resolve it.

The second issue I'd like some help with, I thought MM deduped by email address and I'm sure I read that if you have multiple CRM records with the same email address it will show all touchpoints on all CRM records, leading to some duplication.

But in this case there's only one person record in CRM or Marketo, but it only has 2 touchpoints despite the fact in MM I can see 6 touchpoints for that email address. Which were all synced from Marketo in the first place.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo Measure Touchpoints Not Attributing to Contact Record

@TimMktOps, you should double-check the syncing rules between Marketo and Marketo Measure. Ensure the rules capture all program successes you want to track in Measure. Look for any filters or exclusions that might be filtering out some successes in the Program sync.  To your second question, it's possible your Marketo program has filters set up that exclude some interactions from syncing. This could explain why some touchpoints show up in Measure but not on the contact record. Salesforce might have its own deduplication rules that could overwrite the linking from Marketo Measure. Check your Salesforce settings to see if any deduplication rules might be interfering.