SOLVED

Reporting on Nested Email programs under an Event Program

Go to solution
derelict_wombat
Level 4

Reporting on Nested Email programs under an Event Program

Quick question for the community

Working on a new Webinar event program template and my Ops team wants to send emails using nested email programs under an event program in order to take advantage of sending for local time zone.  We are a global company and send emails to recipients across multiple regions where there time zones can be drastically different. 

My question is would nesting an email program for the invitations like I show in the screenshot below have any negative impacts reporting?  Or do we need to make sure those "email send" programs that are nested get added to the event channel?  Also any chance of double reporting in tools such as  Revenue Explorer, Email Insights or Performance Insights while using nested programs like this?  

Would there be any other 'gotchas' that I'm missing?  

derelict_wombat_0-1710529784721.png

If there are reporting issues by doing this would anyone have a suggestion for supporting time zone send as part of a flowstep in a smart campaign? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Reporting on Nested Email programs under an Event Program

You're on the right track! Nesting email programs under an event program in Marketo to leverage local time zones for webinars is a good approach for a global company. Here's a breakdown of your questions and potential gotchas:

Negative Impacts on Reporting:

• Nesting email programs itself shouldn't negatively impact reporting. Marketo tracks activity based on the email program, not the nesting structure.

Adding Nested Programs to Event Channel:

• You don't necessarily need to have the email program have the channel same as your event program. The main event program will track registrations, attendance, and overall performance, whereas, the nested event channel could be an email channel that tracks email engagements and form fills (registrations) through it.

Double Reporting:

• Marketo attributes activity to the specific program, so there shouldn't be double reporting in Revenue Explorer, Email Insights, or Performance Insights.

Gotchas to Consider:

• While overall reporting won't be affected, you won't see detailed engagement metrics (opens, clicks) for each nested program within the event program reports. You'll need to access the individual nested program reports or the Email Performance report.

Additional Tips:

• Use clear and descriptive names for both the event program and nested email programs for easy identification in reports.

• Always test your nested email programs and assets within them before going live to ensure proper functionality.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You're on the right track! Nesting email programs under an event program in Marketo to leverage local time zones for webinars is a good approach for a global company. Here's a breakdown of your questions and potential gotchas:

Negative Impacts on Reporting:

• Nesting email programs itself shouldn't negatively impact reporting. Marketo tracks activity based on the email program, not the nesting structure.

Adding Nested Programs to Event Channel:

• You don't necessarily need to have the email program have the channel same as your event program. The main event program will track registrations, attendance, and overall performance, whereas, the nested event channel could be an email channel that tracks email engagements and form fills (registrations) through it.

Double Reporting:

• Marketo attributes activity to the specific program, so there shouldn't be double reporting in Revenue Explorer, Email Insights, or Performance Insights.

Gotchas to Consider:

• While overall reporting won't be affected, you won't see detailed engagement metrics (opens, clicks) for each nested program within the event program reports. You'll need to access the individual nested program reports or the Email Performance report.

Additional Tips:

• Use clear and descriptive names for both the event program and nested email programs for easy identification in reports.

• Always test your nested email programs and assets within them before going live to ensure proper functionality.

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you have questions.

derelict_wombat
Level 4

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 
Thanks for the very descriptive explanation.  This was what I was hoping to confirm and makes 100% sense. 

Thank you!