Marketo Maintenance - Embedded Form Error Message

D_oo_mi1
Level 1

Marketo Maintenance - Embedded Form Error Message

Hi everyone,

due to the planned maintenance in the data center our Marketo instance is hosted, we received a question from our client. They would like to know which error message is shown, if an embedded Marketo form is requested from the Marketo server which is not avaialble during the request. I could not find any information in the script loaded on the website. Is there anyone who can provide the message or a screenshot? Or is nothing shown because the scripts can also be not loaded?

Reason for that request is the maintenance note which was send to us containing following line: 

"Landing Pages and Forms – Landing pages and forms will be inaccessible and, instead, error messages will be displayed. This will also affect client-facing landing pages and forms."

Best Regards,

Dominic

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo Maintenance - Embedded Form Error Message

What data center/pod is your client's instance on? You can find that by going to Marketo Admin > My Account > Support Information > Data Center. Also, has Marketo shared the window for this maintenance activity? Since this is a planned activity, I'd at the very least expect Marketo to display some sort of user-friendly message instead of not loading forms/LPs altogether or just displaying a 404 message.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

tbh I wouldn’t expect a friendly message. If the instance is under maintenance then the Forms 2.0 library itself won’t load.

Darshil_Shah1

Hmm- true ‘dat! I’ve had my feet in instances housed in several different pods for quite some time now, but I haven’t heard about such planned outages that would disrupt the loading of forms and LPs (not to jinx it). Btw, still curious about knowing which pod OP is talking about. Also, @D_oo_mi1, if I were you, I would have also reached out to my Marketo CSM regarding this. 🙂

D_oo_mi1
Level 1

@Darshil_Shah1 sorry for the late response!

It's the London06 instance. Regarding the time window, the maintenance is set for 8 hours but according to the information we've received "Between 18:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC, the network changes will be performed, and we expect services to be disrupted for approximately 30 minutes" but due to unforeseen complications it could also be for 2 hours.

Darshil_Shah1

Thank you, @D_oo_mi1! I wish they also put such planned maintenance activities on the status page too. The status page could then serve as a one-stop place for all product related notifications, incidents, planned/un-planned outages. 🙂