Re: Marketo leads not getting assigned correctly in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo leads not getting assigned correctly in SFDC

In my campaign flow step, I have a step to synch to SFDC " Use auto-assignment rules", but none of the leads are getting assigned. What could be the reason?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you leave the Marketo at the default "Use Auto Assignment Rules", SFDC will attempt to assign the lead according to SFDC's Lead Assignment Rules. Issues around this include:
  • Leads who are already SFDC Leads will NOT be re-assigned. You would need to use Change Owner, Sales Alert, or trigger the LARs again somehow.
  • Leads who are SFDC Contacts will be UPDATED only. There is not a reassignment trigger for Contacts. You can use Change Owner on Contacts, but not recommended.
  • Assigning an SFDC Contact to a Queue will result in a duplicate. DO NOT do this.
So if your leads aren't being assigned as expected, I would see if your LARs are correct (or active); then I'd check to see if your leads are already owned. Then I'd design a process for pushing leads to SFDC and moving them around when required. I usually prefer to have the LARs in SFDC and to trigger them again for SFDC Leads if necessary. An SFDC Developer can help with that. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll add this: be sure to test sync'ing a lead and when it doesn't work, check the activity log on the Lead you test with

I was having the same issue, where I set up Lead Assignment Rules(LAR) in SFDC, but they didn't seem to take effect.  I checked the Activity Log for a lead test and next to the item 'Sync Lead to SFDC', there was a campaign listed, also titled 'Sync Leads to SFDC'.  It was set up years ago to capture data of anyone who fills out any form on our website.

Here's the kicker: The smartlist on 'Sync Leads to SFDC' was 'when lead is created' and the rule on 'Sync Leads to SFDC' campaign was to assign new leads to a Queue and LAR were the default choice.  I switched them and voila! now it works.

Weird sidenote: when I originally set up the campaign in question(not 'Sync Leads to SFDC') we had assignment by Geo territory built into the campaign and that overrode the 'Sync Leads to SFDC' campaign.  I don't know why that was working and LAR wasn't, but LAR wasn't.